Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Party Five

This is the last party, I promise! We are so glad that we were able to go to have all of these parties. We are blessed with a big, happy family!

After we left Shawnee we made it back to Tulsa. We didn't want to be out on the highway after dark if we could help it so we got into town about dinner time. Thank goodness because we got to eat at Abuelo's. This is one of my favorite places and we haven't been there in ages. I love their avocado enchiladas. Of course my sister-in-law Dwan gave me some to go guacamole that I ate the entire way up there, so it wasn't as good as it would have been if I was hungry, but I enjoyed it!

After dinner we decided to go look at Poppa Roy's Christmas lights. To say he goes all out is an understatement! People come from all around to see his lights. The neighbor across the street does up his house and Roy does up one of the neighbors house as well, so it is quite a show! We called to tell them we were outside and ended up going in to visit. Callie was in rare form. She had slept all the way there and she comes alive about eight in the evening anyway. She talked their leg off and was really in a good mood. I didn't take any pictures that night, but is was a fun impromptu visit.

Kellen and Garrett spent the night with Nana and Poppa, the rest of us headed back over the next morning. Church was canceled so we got to take our time. We hated to miss seeing our old friends at Park Plaza, but taking our time after all the Christmas running around was nice. Todd's brothers were both able to come so enjoyed a day all being together. I don't think we had all been together for almost two years. It is usually Todd that can't make the trip :(.

Christmas 2009 692a

Before Taryn and Jack got there there was a girls chair. Karlee, Kymree, and Callie.

Christmas 2009 694a

And a boys chair :).

Christmas 2009 704a

Papa Foxx was able to come for the day. It was so nice to see him. He worked for American Airlines for many, many years.

Christmas 2009 707a

Todd, Glenn, and Chadd. We have many pictures of them in this "pose". I was going to post some with this but decided to make it a post all its own. I am sure they are thrilled about that!

Again I didn't get a picture of everyone. I left out Kerry (Glenn's wife) and Natalie (Chadd's wife). Sorry girls! I'll try to catch you next time!

Christmas 2009 730a

Poppy Roy and Nana Charlene with all the grandkids. They have four granddaughters and four grandsons. I think it is cool it turned out like that. Karlee, Kymree, Poppa, Nana, Callie, Taryn, Gannon, Jack, Garrett, and Kellen. Whew!

Christmas 2009 734a

Nanny Edith is Charlene's mother. She lives with them so we get to see her when we come to time. She had a rough year after breaking her hip in February, but has bounced back and you wouldn't know it happened. Another testament in our family of someone taking care of themselves. She is 93 if you can believe that!

Christmas 2009 737a

Poppa, Nanny, Nana, Glenn, Chadd, and Todd

Christmas 2009 741a

There's one in every crowd!

And with that Christmas 2009 has come to an end. I know I keep saying it, but we are so thankful to be able to enjoy our family this year. I was always glad to go home, but I always wished Todd didn't have to miss out on so much. Now he should be able to around a little more. We are like a new family since we have been home. Our little six really needed to laugh, smile, and enjoy some time together and some time with our extended families. God has blessed us and I do not take that for granted. I pray he blesses anyone that reads our little blog.

No comments: