Friday, January 8, 2010

Why Make Things So Hard?

This is my New Years Resolution. I guess that is not really a resolution as much as a question. But, that is what I am going to ask myself all year. The biggest problem I think I have right now is making things harder than they have to be. I am terrible at making decisions because I am always worried I am going to wish I had made a different choice. Do you know how much harder this makes my life? This is for big things. "Should I get a brown couch or a red couch?" It is for little things. "Should we have chicken or pork for dinner?" Seriously. It consumes me. Do you know how many decisions I have to make during a day? What we're going to do, what we're going to wear, what we're going to eat, and the list goes on and on. How many of these decisions are really going to matter in the whole big scheme of things? All that matters to me is that I help my family get to heaven. And that I get there! I can't deal anymore. I am going to make decisions, live with them and go on in 2010. Really, I am. Now, what should we have for lunch?

A blog I enjoy is Kelly's Korner. She has "Show Us Your Life" parties on Fridays. Today's theme is New Year's Resolutions. I haven't ever gotten around to participating, but thought I might try here and there. It's fun to read what others are thinking and saying about life. She has a cute little "button" to click on for this, but I don't know if I can figure out how to put on my page. We'll see! Here is the not-cute button, but you can use this link to check it out if you are interested.

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2010/01/show-us-how-you-live-new-years.html

Happy 2010!

No comments: