Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On The Road Again

No, we're not going on another trip...we're moving! I can't even believe the words as I type them and I've known for over a week now. We have been waiting for this day since about the day we got here! I have been trying to decide what to name this post for days. I decided to call it On The Road Again to see if people would think we were traveling and be surprised. Of course the three people that read my blog already know that we're moving :)!

I thought about naming it Should Have Known. I finally found a hairdresser I like. After three years of running around with bad hair, I found a girl that knows how to cut my hair, and now we are moving. It happens every time. Every time we are somewhere new, just about the time we get all our our doctors, dentists, hairdressers, etc. in place, we move. It just took a looooong time here!

Oh, we are moving back to Springfield, Missouri. We are really excited. This is the third time we have lived there. So, no more moving some place we have never even visited! This is a brand new store, so Todd is on cloud nine. Best of all, it is a new store that just opened a few weeks ago. So, he missed the part of trying to get everything lined up to open, he gets to walk in with everything ready to go. He has heard it is a gorgeous store, as gorgeous as a Sam's is going to get at least! We all enjoyed Springfield when we lived there before. Gannon doesn't remember it, and Callie of course has not lived there, but the rest of us loved it.

Also, I thought about naming it How Weird Is This. The first vacation Todd and I took was to Kansas City, to a baseball game. Imagine that! On our way home we came through Springfield to go to Bass Pro Shops, since that was about the only one back then. As we were driving through town, we were commenting on how "this seems like a nice little place to live". How weird is it that we are moving there for the third time!


I could go on and on, but first things first. And first, is finishing our house. Oh yes, the house. The house we bought a year ago that we were/are remodeling from top to bottom. Sounded like a good idea at the time. We have been working on it little by little, but there is only so much time in a day, so it is not done. We are closer. Mother came from Oklahoma for a week and worked herself like crazy helping us. Luckily she is quite handy since Todd and I are not. (Did I mention we are looking for a house in Springfield that does not require remodeling?) So, this past week we, I mean, she got a lot done. We are down to painting. And more painting. And some more painting. Most everything is in place now, so we just need to paint it all. When we are all said and done I will post some before and after pics. I think everything is turning out really nice. Let's just hope someone else does! Let's just say, one way or another, we are out of here before winter! Actually Todd starts in Springfield on Labor Day. We will be here at least until we get our house listed and find a place there.

So, this is our news for now. No pics to go with the post. I was at the post office when Todd called me to say he got the job, so I couldn't exactly start snapping pictures of our reactions! I will have a lot to say about our time in Iowa I am sure. While it is not a secret that we have been ready to move on, God has blessed us tremendously here. Mainly with some great friends. It may be a while before I can post about it because I can't even think about it without crying. Poor Todd is so confused. He doesn't understand how I can be so happy to leave and so sad to leave! This is a great opportunity for Todd and it is closer to our family, so how could we not be excited about the future?

Pray for our sanity during this time. Pray for someone to buy our house! Pray for Todd's success at his new store. Praying is about all I can think of to do right now! It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. "If you pray for rain, be prepared to deal with some mud!". We will be dealing with some mud for a few weeks, but then we will be enjoying what we have been praying for for a long time!

No comments: