Garrett’s eleventh birthday was April 7, 2011. He decided he wanted to have a friend spend the night and go to Silver Dollar City. We had a great time! His friend Christian he has been his buddy since we lived here the second time. It was nice to carve out some time for them to be together! We also took the day off of school and let him be “in charge” for the day. He had money burning a hole in his pocket and has known what he wanted to buy for months, so it didn’t take us long to spend it! He chose to eat at El Puente for his special dinner and then have a chocolate cake for dessert. Overall he had a great time celebrating turning eleven!
Here are eleven things that I love about Garrett, for his eleventh birthday:
1. You are funny. Really, so funny. It is so fun to be around you!
2. You are loyal. You are loyal to your family, your friends, your teams. Once you makes a decision about something or someone, you stick with it!
3. You are a hard worker. A HARD WORKER! Any time we have had a project to do, you are my man. Any time we have chores, etc., you are the first one done. I know you will be a great husband and father some day because you will get the job done to take care of them.
4. You are athletic and a good sport when you are participating in sports. You are one of those kids that can pick up a new sport with the snap of a finger. It is so fun to watch you! (Yes, he is behind in this race, but he had to run with junior high boys since not many grade school boys run hurdles)
6. You are one handsome guy!
7. You love God. I appreciate that you love going to church and participating in worship. That really makes my heart happy!
8. You are a great cook! You always love to help me in the kitchen, or even better make things by yourself! It’s nice to know you won’t starve when you are on your own!
9. You love your family.
10. You are a gentleman.
11. You are flexible. In our crazy family and life, you just take what comes. It takes a lot to get you riled up. You like to say “just go with the flow!” Thank goodness!