Sunday, November 1, 2009

A New House

When I say a new house, I literally mean a new house. After looking at many, many houses in Springfield we settled on a newly built home. This last year of remodeling our Bettendorf house has done us in for a while! When we would see things that were OK and only needed this or that done to them, we wanted to run! The thought of picking up a paint brush right now makes me want to scream! I am excited to be able to move in and not "have to" do anything to live in it. There are some things that I would like to do to make it our own, but I can take my time because it is fine the way it is.

There were many pluses that helped us settle on this house. First, the area. It is just a few miles from Todd's store. It is right in the middle of Springfield, Ozark, and Nixa and puts us a little closer to Branson than we have been before. So, we will have easy access to all the "stuff" we like to do. It's a few miles from the church Todd has been visiting and that we will see about when we all get there. Since it is a newer neighborhood, we were able to get on the street that won't ever have any houses behind it. Behind our yard is a field and then trees. Gannon calls it the forest. I don't think you could call it a forest, but it is think enough that I can't see them when they are playing out there. Love the idea of no back neighbors! As a matter-of-fact we will only have one neighbor right now! That will be a little weird. I hope a few more people move in soon, I'm not one to live out by myself. It will be fun right now though, the kids will have the run of the neighborhood on their bikes since there will be no one there! New streets, no cars!

Another plus, at least for the kids is that the kids are all going to have their own rooms for the first time. They are so excited. We'll see how long that lasts! Kellen is the only one that has had his own room for any length of time. Well, Callie has her own room in our Bettendorf house, but she doesn't sleep in there, so it is really for decoration :). I am the only one not jumping for joy about the rooms. I like to have all my little chicks around me all the time, or at least most of the time. I'm just a little controlling like that! We are going to be a little more spread out, which people keep telling me is a good thing with the ages my kids are getting to be. That doesn't make me feel any better. Yesterday Gannon said "are you and daddy going to share a room?" When I told him yes, he just looked at me with a look of sadness, like he felt sorry for us having to share. It was so cute!

No matter what house we would have picked, it would be closer to home. That is the best part of all. I can't wait for the holidays, a Christmas where the kids and I don't have to take a vacation to spend time with our family. Maybe, just maybe, Todd will get to participate in more holiday activities. It just makes me smile with anticipation of the holiday season. I have told Todd for three years that I don't care where we move, I just want to be able to get home in half-a-day. I have my wish, so the house is just icing on the cake!
Here are some pictures of our house. Figured I better show you now before I mess it up with my random decorating!


The front, of course. Todd said they came and planted some trees yesterday. We didn't even know they were going to do that!

Living room, looking out the back windows. I love the view. Our outside door is off the kitchen with the deck on the side of the house. I love that. I don't have to stare at the grill out my living room!

Basement, not finished of course. The builder said it would be done by the 23rd. Eeeek.

"The Forest" ha!

No comments: