Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Boys

I only have a few more months of having a five-year-old little boy. There is nothing cuter than a five-year-old boy. They are smart, usually well-behaved, and always funny. Gannon just says the funniest things. I wish I would stop and write all of them down, but I don't. What makes it even funnier with Gannon is that he is usually pretty quiet. So it is even funnier because he catches you off-guard! My other boys are funny. But, they are older, so it is planned. So, funny in a different way. In May Gannon will be six, then the little boy will start disappearing. (sniff, sniff). I love my big boys, but I will so miss having a little boy around.


Christmas Pictures 2009 037az

So handsome!

A couple of weeks ago he got to spend the weekend with his grandparents, by himself. He has been waiting on this for years! When we moved to Iowa he wasn't really old enough. Kellen and Garrett have both been able to go to Grandma and Grandpa's by themselves, but it has never worked out for Gannon. The way the brothers talked it was like going to Disney World! Well Gannon finally got his chance.

We met in Claremore at the Will Rogers Museum. A nice stop where we could stretch our legs and visit with Grandma and Grandpa before Gannon was off. He of course kept asking if it was time to go, he was ready to be done with us!

He had a great time. He looooves to be "on his own". He is a little more of a loner, he doesn't always have to be in a pack so to speak, so not having two brothers (and a sister) bossing him around was heaven on earth! Grandma asked him before he got there what he liked for breakfast and he did not hesitate telling her he liked Cocoa Puffs, cereal mama won't buy! So, he ate Cocoa Puffs every morning, got to get on her computer whenever he wanted to, eat out. He was loving it.

On Saturday he went with Grandpa to run errands then went to the OU Women's Basketball game with Grandma and Aunt Dwan. His favorite part was the ice cream Aunt Dwan bought him. (Can you tell the boy loves to eat!)


bballgame


On Sunday he went to church with Grandma and Grandpa then got to go to cousin Mason's birthday party. Mason turned six January 13. It was a skating party and he has never skated before, but I think he did ok. He had a good time, so that is all that mattered!


cousins


Mason and Gannon are great buddies!


skating


Here they are hugging the wall skating!

On Monday Grandma brought him home and she spent the night with us. They stopped at the Vinita McDonald's. He got ice cream telling Grandma "it was probably his last chance". She said she felt like she was bringing him back to prison! ha! FYI: We have ice cream occasionally, but not every day like he would like!

Gannon had the best time. He can't wait until his turn to go back. He said on the way home that they saw a hat that said "Spoiled by Grandma". Gannon told me Grandma said "maybe we should get that for you". Then he told me, "I don't know why, I am not spoiled. I get to do whatever I want!" Obviously he doesn't know there is more than one meaning to spoiled!


I wish I could remember the funny things he says and does. Here a few things...



In a conversation in the car after having spent time with our cousins during the holidays:


Garrett: "Did you know that Mallori likes Michael Jackson?"


Mama: "Really."


Gannon: "Is he still disguised as a girl?"


Of course Kellen informed everyone he was dead and all that entailed. Thanks Kellen.



Gannon's Christmas list included a laptop and deodorant. I think this is directly related to being the third of three boys (one of those almost a teenager)!



Gannon told me recently, in all seriousness, that he wasn't going to work. He was going to have a bunch of kids and make them do everything. You don't think that is what he thinks we do around here do you?!



Last week Callie pinched Gannon, something she does on a regular basis. This was right on the cheek, left a big place. He was crying, she was crying. I told her she needed to say she was sorry. Of course, she didn't want to. Just sat there and cried and looked so pitiful that finally Gannon gave her a hug and told her he was sorry. He didn't do anything! He felt so bad for her he couldn't take it anymore. She came around about thirty minutes later and said she was going to say sorry, marched in his room, said she was sorry and hugged him and went on about her business. (She has to have things on her terms. Don't know where she got that!) This is not a funny story, but so sweet. Gannon really is the sweetest, he just doesn't always like people to know it! He is so good to Callie it warms my heart. :)


So, a few more months of innocence. I know it will not magically disappear on May 19, but I know that it will gradually be gone. I always say "this is my favorite age", then my kids will get bigger and that will be my favorite. I guess I like all ages of my kids! But, there is just a sweet innocence that little boys have...sniff, sniff.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

What a cute boy! Gannon has NEVER taken a bad picture! I just bet that precious grin of his was plastered on his face the entire time he was with his grandma! Such a sweetie...:)