Friday, February 11, 2011

January Snapshots

Here I will continue with a few snapshots from January so I can get caught up to the middle of February!  I don’t know how time passes this fast!  I don’t have as many pictures from January.  We were busy, busy, but I didn’t document much of it.   After the Christmas craziness died down Todd was able to take a week off.  We spent the week with his parents and grandma helping them move.  After forty years in the same house, they decided it was time to move to another part of town.  Finally, the one true talent Todd and I both have was put to use!  We know how to move!  We had a good time and got a lot done.  I’m anxious to go back and see them all settled in!  Then we came home got back to school and the daily “stuff”.  We decided to quit our homeschool co-op.  I don’t think I’ve blogged too much about co-op.  We started it a year ago and just decided it wasn’t for us.  It has been so much more relaxed around here since we quit!  We really needed the day at home to get things done.  It’s hard to “home” school when your hardly home!

blogc1

Here Callie is giving herself a manicure.  She did a great job and even stopped to blow on each one.  Love it!

blogc2

This is a picture of the January snow.  Didn’t amount to much now that we’ve had the February snow, but at the time the kids were excited!

blogc3

I love this picture.  This is the big field behind our house.  The kids are heading back to some kind of concrete drainage thing to see if they can sled down it.  When it’s warm they skateboard down it, so they thought it would work.  What I love most about this picture is Callie.  She has no idea where she is going.  She has no idea what they are doing.  But, she does know that her brothers are going, so she is too.  Have you heard the saying “well, if your brother jumped off a bridge, would you jump?”…well, Callie totally would.  She trusts her brothers with her little life (if she knew what that meant!).  But, she should trust them.  They take care of her, dote over her, include her, get down on her level.  I can’t tell you how happy this makes my heart.  You can see Kellen holding her hand while Garrett and Gannon are carrying makeshift sleds.  They played and played then carried Callie all the way back home when she got snow in her boots and started crying.  We have had many moments like this, and I think we will have many more.  Callie is crazy about her brothers and they are crazy about her.  I can’t imagine a better way to go through life than with three brothers looking out for you!  She’s got it made!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That is a great picture of your kids. I think Callie will be one confident woman someday--and a lot of that will be because those big brothers loved on her and looked out for her so well!