Monday, March 2, 2009

Is it Monday already?

We have had busy, busy days lately. I haven't taken time to blog the last few days, plus, I figured no one wanted to here about my latest cleaning sprees! The weather is getting better every day which is soooo exciting. I am not a cold-weather person!



We have started attending a Bible study on Fridays. We are enjoying it, except that I feel a little bad. The girl that started it has one 18-month old. I warned her that if I came, it would be me and my crew, she said she knew that and we were all welcome. I have good kids, for the most part. But, there are a lot of them, so we can't help but cause commotion wherever we go! She has been very gracious and I really don't think they are bothering her, but I still worry that noise level may drive her crazy. We have several moms of little ones at our church now. The Bible study was supposed to be focusing on how to train our children to know the Bible. So far, I'm the only mom that has come. They all say they want to, but no one has been able to come. I hate that, because it has been really good. Of course I think it is good because the hostess and I seem to be on the same page about most things! We both wish we could go back in time to raise our kids. There are too many distractions these days, in my opinion anyway!



My friend did say something at last Fridays Bible study that was like a light bulb moment for me. We were discussing the future of the study, like changing days, times, etc. to try to encourage more people to come. We went back and forth, back and forth. She said "we are so flexible, we can't make a decision!" May not sound like anything to most people, but I really can't make a decision. There are a few things that I know exactly what I want and won't really budge on, but most of the time, I can just go with the flow. I have spent many years being proud of myself for being flexible, being (hopefully) easy to get along with. But, I have also spent many years beating myself up for not being able to make a decision. I never linked these two together. So, now I have something else to mull about in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. How do I find that middle ground of being a flexible, easy-going person, to a person that can at least decide what to have for lunch without feeling like I am not being that flexible, easy-going person? Throw in that I am also a people-pleaser, which is not as good quality in my opinion, and I'm really going to have to lose some sleep! There is the saying that with age comes wisdom. I am hoping that forty is the age that wisdom starts kicking in. That is only good thing I can think of to come from this birthday this year. After October I should have the answers to these deep thoughts! Or, I could ask Todd on Sunday when he will have his fortieth birthday. I'm sure this is right up his alley!




Speaking of birthdays. Gannon heard me saying last week that Todd would be forty and asked me if he would be a Grandpa. He obviously doesn't realize what goes into being a Grandpa. He thinks it has something to do with gray hair and a mustache:). Gannon also said he didn't want to get older. I asked him why? I thought it was because I was giving the boys a speech about why there were cars for sale at the bank. I was going on about how people couldn't pay for them, you have to pay your bills, on and on, as a good mother should do. I asked Gannon if he didn't want to pay bills. He said, no, it was because he wouldn't be able to play if he was old. I told him you still get to play, it is just different. Gannon said "oh yeah, like that game daddy plays on the computer, like Club Penguin (a kids game), only for big people?" Yes, your right Gannon, just like that!



Callie just cracks us up every day. She is a busy-body to put it mildly. So far, it's not bad as she likes to help unload dishes, take things to the trash, etc. It's all a game for her. Lately she has taken to throwing fits if she doesn't get her way. A couple of days ago she was trying to unload the dishwasher, only the dishes were dirty. I told her no a few times and she wasn't getting it. So, I took her hand, told her no in the meanest voice you can have when getting on to her (not very mean). I need to be prepared to video this because it the funniest thing. She stopped, looked around the kitchen for a good five seconds, then moved over to the kitchen rug and proceeded to fling herself on the ground. It was very dramatic, arms up in the air, then face down, with a fake cry mixed in. A very calculated fit. She has done this several times and I just can't help but laugh. It is a nervous laugh though since I'm picturing this in about twelve years, when it won't be so funny. Maybe we can get her into acting, she may have a future in it! One thing Callie does need to realize is that it takes a lot to fool me. She is number four, so I'm getting the hang of some of this parenting stuff. Boys are not as dramatic as girls, but they have their moments. Plus, I come from a mom that didn't fall for this kind of stuff. I can only imagine me trying this with my mother. I'm sure I did, but it didn't do any good. I can just picture the look on her face now! Kind of an exasperated, what in the world are you doing look, then she would have probably just walked off and left me having a fit. Makes me laugh now to think about it!







Game night last Friday. Nothing like a good game of Wahoo! Yes, that is an OU game board.



This picture is from last summer, but it is my favorite. How could you get onto a face like this?

No comments: