Monday, August 2, 2010

July, cont.

Moving right along with July…I have to blog about this stuff because I am in shock that it is already August!!  If I don’t go through and look at the pictures, I have no recollection of what we have been doing with our time!

Next on the list was a visit from Todd’s parents.  They were able to come to Branson for a couple of days so we went and crashed their party!  Actually they invited us, and we had a great time.  Well, at least Charlene and I did, we shopped and shopped!  The guys were all very patient following along behind us.  Actually, Branson had enough to keep them busy so I don’t think it was too bad!

blog2

Here are Roy and Charlene with the crew before they had to head home.  It was a bright sunshiny day, so it was hard to get a picture without people squinting!  I don’t know why we didn’t go inside!

blogHere is Callie modeling her flip flops that she got in Branson.  She has been begging for some all summer and I wouldn’t get them for her.  Yes, she is two, and yes, she is already begging for things that I won’t get!  But, just my two cents, flip flops are not the greatest shoes for anyone, especially for a little one still running everywhere she goes!  But, these were cheap with a big rhinestone on them so I caved.  Of course she has only worn them at home and that is fine with her! Don’t you love the watermelon dress!  I have to really resist putting it on her everyday!

blog1aRandom picture of Callie with my “lips” as she calls lipstick or lip-gloss.  I have no idea how she got it while strapped in her car seat!  But, she was very proud of herself! 

blog3The Sunday after Todd’s parent’s left, Kellen and Garrett left for church camp.  I took their picture in the car since it was pouring down rain!  They were excited to go, maybe a little too excited!

blog9

Callie and Gannon had a great time together while the big brothers were gone to camp.  It was really fun to watch them play without being bossed around!  They really enjoyed each other and having mom and dad to themselves. 

blog1bGannon got to choose something to do on Daddy’s day off so he chose Silver Dollar City.  Here he is with Daddy on some water shooting ride.  Todd is in the ball cap and Gannon is to his left.  I forgot my camera so all I had was my phone!  Gannon had so much fun getting to be the one to choose what rides we went on.  I even rode the log ride with him.  I am usually anti-get wet and walk around all day, but I did it and it was a lot of fun!

blog4

Here are some of the Union Hill guys, Preston, Abe, Kellen, and Garrett, at the end of the week.  They all survived!  I don’t think our boys loved it enough to go back next year.  That is fine by me!  It was a long week!

blog7

blog8 Callie and her baby.  She is a very good little mommy!

blogsams July 23, 2010 marked the one-year anniversary of the Sam’s Club that Todd manages.  It is a few more weeks before Todd’s actual one-year anniversary here, but the store opened July 23.  He has done a great job this year!  Todd has been with Sam’s for almost twenty years!  Started out part-time in college and has worked up to this.  I am so proud of him!  He is such a hard worker!  I appreciate him so much and am so thankful for what he does for our family.  Sam’s has been a good company to be with.  They have some warts like any large company (or small for that matter!), but if we look at the big picture of things, we have nothing to complain about!

blogsams1 We joined Todd at the one-year celebration.  Callie was the biggest cheerleader, clapping for everything!  Sorry Kellen, didn’t mean to cut your head off!  You’d think I was using a film camera again!

IMG_7783Here the boys are posing with one of the guest speakers.  Grant Winstrom, he played for the St. Louis Rams and won some super bowls and college national championships at Nebraska.  He lives in Springfield and is a good customer and has a foundation that Sam’s works with so he came to speak.  Gannon wore his Sam Bradford Ram’s jersey in honor of Grant being there.  You have never heard so many comments!  There are tons of OU fans around here and tons of Rams fans, so Gannon was the star of the show!

blogsams2  Happy One-Year Anniversary!

No comments: