Friday, May 29, 2009

Five!

Gannon turned five May 19! I'm a little late (OK a lot late) in blogging as we were having computer issues, again. But, all is well now and we're ready to blog about Gannon turning five! I really can't believe it. It seems his birthday has really snuck up on me. I keep thinking of him as two, then we skip to five! He was sooooo excited, and asked every day when his birthday would be here. It is hard every year because we have Kellen's birthday in March, then Garrett's birthday in April, so it seems May will never get here! I am sure the time will come that we will have to celebrate Callie's half birthday. Luckily it is in June, so we can have celebrations all in a row. (I love it when things fall all in a row!) Can you imagine the poor thing when she is waiting to be five after all these birthdays and having to wait until December?!

Gannon had his day planned out. Of course, no school. The beauty of homeschooling is that we get to be out of school on our birthday! The first place he wanted to go was to Sonic to get a drink. Oh shoot, I guess we'll have to go to Sonic. (In case you don't know, I go there quite often anyway!:)). Then he wanted to go to Sam's to see daddy. Then we went to Laura, Ryan, and Emily's house for a lunch pizza party. Luckily he was fine with letting Callie come home and take a nap. He wanted to go to Toys R Us, but not until after he opened gifts, in case he got something he was planning on buying. Not sure if he came up with this on his own, of if one of his brothers clued him on this, but it worked well for nap time! When daddy came home he opened gifts, then chose to go eat at Red Robin for dinner. Yum! Then we hit Toys R Us and WalMart, he had birthday money burning a hole in his pocket! I think he had a nice day, he was just so excited all day, it was really cute.

Gannon is really pretty quiet, compared to the rest of the family. But, when he has something to say, he doesn't mind saying it. Good or bad! We are working on being tactful! He did not inherit the people-pleasing gene, which I am glad about. He will never feel bad for doing or not doing something he really doesn't want to do or not do. (Phew!) I am constantly feeling this way, not a fun way to go through life! Luckily, he is a kind, smart boy, so most of the time when he has something to say it is a good thing. He has a grin from ear to ear, always has, the kind of grin that lights up his whole face. He loves to draw and color, and does quite well for five. I think it must be really hard to be the third boy. He has to be so patient with so many things that he is not old enough to do. He hangs in there though! He knows way too much about super heroes, Star Wars, etc. He totally skipped the Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, etc. phase. If his brothers weren't doing it, he wasn't doing it! Makes me a little sad, but I think he'll always feel comfortable with older people, so I just have to look at the positive side:). He loves to travel, which shouldn't be surprising since we have either been traveling or moving since I was pregnant with him! We moved twice while I was pregnant with him, then three times since he was born. He loves to stay in hotels, he'll ask to stay in a hotel when we drive by them, even if it is down the street from our neighborhood! Such a different beginning to life than his brothers, but he has hung in there and adjusted, so I think that will always make him ready for changes that come his way. Again, me trying to put a positive spin on things, since I feel a tad guilty that his life has been crazy!
Since he is a little quiet, you never know what he is going to say. A couple of weeks ago someone asked him where he went to school, he said, in all seriousness, "we don't go to school, we homeschool". Thanks Gannon :). Last week we were cleaning up toys and he offered to take something of Garrett's upstairs. He said "we are supposed to serve and help like Jesus". I almost cried :). Of course two hours later he was in time out on the step for telling me he wasn't going to help with something...but at least I know something I am teaching is in there somewhere!
Anyway, happy fifth birthday Gannon! Mama loves you and I am so proud of you!
Gannon on the morning of his birthday, wearing his new golf shirt.


Gannon with his Sonic drink:)


At the Barnes house for a pizza party! Ryan, Gannon, Kellen, Garrett and Callie


Callie and Emily reading their Bible stories. What good little girls!


"I'm Five!"


He covered his eyes while daddy brought in his new bike, love his reaction!

At Red Robin they sing to you and bring you a hot fudge sundae, he was in heaven!


This is Callie looking across the table at what Gannon got, I'm sure wondering why she didn't get one!

Gannon chose a big cookie instead of a cake for his big day. Yay for me! They sell those big tubs of cookie dough at Sam's and you just press it out and cook it. I didn't even burn it thanks to my new oven!



Here is Gannon's reaction to his BIG present. I wish I would have had my camera set on video, I have never heard him giggle and giggle like he did. It was priceless!

Trying out the new Jeep.I think Callie may have had a little whip lash by the time the driving lesson was over!
See ya!

The funniest thing was when Gannon decided to take a hand off the wheel and put his arm around Callie. That lasted about two seconds since he can't drive with one hand. He had the most panicked look on his face while he tried to get the jeep back on the sidewalk.

No comments: