Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's The Little Things...

It is definitely the little things that make my day!

We made a Wal-Mart run yesterday and I bought Callie a new toy while we were there. She wanted to open it this morning. I looked at the box and all the tape and started cringing. Then I noticed it, a perforated place to tear open the box. Seriously?! No hunting for scissors or something to pry open the box!? Then lo and behold, I opened the box and there were no gray twisty things holding the toy in the box!!!! Anyone that has bought a toy in recent years has to know what I am talking about. Why? Every time my kids get something new and they are securely fastened to the box with those twisty things, I wonder why. Whose brilliant idea was this and how much did they get paid for it? I know they can be used for other things, but how many do you really need? My friend Laura's dad saves these for random uses. Don't really know what he uses them for, but my boys even save them for him :). Sorry Grandpa Michael, you better stockpile them while you can. This toy had three little key type things that you turned, the toy was out of the box. It seriously took me under ten seconds!!! Totally made my day. I'm having images of all these new Christmas traditions. No more spending all day trying to get toys out of boxes because Santa ran out of time the night before. We might even have time to play with the toys on Christmas day! Seriously, I am still smiling over this!
The next thing that made my day, the laundry fairy. No, I don't really have a laundry fairy. But, I do have a wonderful washer and dryer (thanks Todd:))that has a delayed start button. I put in a load at night, set it to start at 5:00 am, then when I get downstairs, a load is washed. Although technically I put the clothes in, it doesn't seem like it since I put them in the night before. It's like I am half way through the laundry and someone else has got me started. Love it, love it, love it!
And of course, there is another little thing that makes my day. She is not so little any more, but she is the littlest in our house. I had to take her picture at the baseball game last night. Check out her toes! At the risk of going a little Toddlers and Tiaras on her, I had to do it. I was painting my toenails and she already had her little sandals on ready to go, so they were just begging to be painted. How cute are they? What was so cute was how excited her brothers were. Even this morning they thought she was the cutest thing. They couldn't believe the polish was still on there. Obviously they don't the know the ins and outs of nail polish. (That is a good thing!) It was also the first time Callie has worn yellow. She just looks like a bright sunshiny day!



P.S. She did not eat that whole bag of cheddar bunnies...she shared with her brothers:) And yes, that is a huge bruise on her leg. One of many she has, the girl does not sit still! Have I mentioned that before? It took me three trys to get this picture and I had to bribe her with food!


How cute is the polka-dot chair! We can't expect her to tote around a blue or red chair all season!

FYI: Toddlers and Tiaras that I mentioned before is a show on TLC about moms (and dads!) who spray tan and give their daughters false teeth to win pageants. The most ridiculous thing you'll ever see! It is a good show to watch only if you need to know you are not the most insane parent on the planet!

No comments: